THIEL's patent-pending SmartSub (R) technology
The four subwoofers are powered, stand alone systems for reproducing the "point one" channel in a home theater system. They can also be used with either the companion SmartSub Integrator or with the PX02 or PX05 Passive Subwoofer Crossovers to allow reproduction of the bass range of the other audio channels.
The subwoofers and Integrator both incorporate aspects of THIEL's patent-pending SmartSub technology:
- The SmartSub Integrator can be adjusted to automatically match any of the four subwoofers to your main speakers, regardless of brand or type, for the most accurate and seamless sonic integration.
- Each of the four subwoofers can be easily adjusted to accurately eliminate room interaction problems for any placement, without microphones or complicated measurements.
- Unique electronic circuitry in the SS2, SS3, and SS4 corrects for compression distortion due to heating of the drivers' voice coils for more dynamic and effortless reproduction.
Four subwoofers for any application
The SS1, SS2, SS3, and SS4 share several innovative design features that provide exceptionally deep, uniform, dynamic and low distortion bass down to 10 Hz:
- THIEL's innovative short coil/long gap motor systems achieve extremely low distortion, and the drivers' aluminum diaphragms contribute to the subwoofers’ outstanding tonal response.
- Unusually large magnet structures and special high excursion suspensions allow the subwoofers to move a very large amount of air for effortless, realistic reproduction of the most demanding sources.
- The drivers are powered by an internal 1000 watt high efficiency switching mode amplifier (500 watts for the SS1) with thermal overload protection.