The THIEL PowerPlane (TM) is an in-wall loudspeaker designed to provide much higher levels of sonic performance than other in-wall speakers available today. When space is a factor, the new PowerPlane delivers the most realistic sound possible from the smallest area.
Using the same high quality components and innovative engineering techniques used our floor-standing and bookshelf models, such as coaxial/coplanar driver mounting, ultra-low distortion motor systems, aluminum diaphragms, and phase coherent crossover design, the two-way PowerPlane is a true high performance in-wall speaker for listeners who wish to have great sound in every room of their home.
For Use In Every Room In the Home
The PowerPlane can be used as front, center, or rear-channel speakers in home video, music, and multichanel systems. They can also be used alone or in pairs throughout the home in bedrooms, kitchens, bath, and offices for outstanding sound everywhere. Its subtle, architectural design and paintable surface integrates well with almost any home decor.
Self-enclosed, braced cabinet
Unlike many conventional, backless in-wall loudspeakers, the PowerPlane is self-enclosed with a ruggedly braced cabinet. This design feature is very important for sonic excellence as it prevents unwanted vibration from transferring to the roomÕs walls, which would obscure detail and color the sound.
The PowerPlane can be mounted horizontally or vertically in walls, ceilings, and enclosed cabinets.
Completely Time and Phase Coherent
As with all THIEL loudspeakers, the HigherPlane is completely time and phase coherent for much greater sonic realism. THIEL's Coherent Source (R) technology achieves the elimination of both time and phase distortions that cause alterations in the reproduced musical waveforms of most loudspeakers. Eliminating these distortions results in enhanced realism, clarity, transparency and immediacy as well as improved imaging and soundstaging in both the lateral and depth perspectives. Phase coherence in the PowerPlane is achieved by utilizing a sophisticated first-order electrical crossover system in conjunction with unusually wide bandwidth drivers. Time coherence is achieved by coaxially mounting the tweeter and woofer to cause the sound energy from each to reach the listener at the same time.
Bandwidth (-3 dB): 75 Hz-20 kHz; Amplitude Response: 75 Hz-20 kHz +/-3 dB; Phase Response: Minimum ±10 degrees; Sensitivity: 89 dB@2.8 V-1m; Impedance: 4 ohms (3.0 ohms minimum); Recommended Power: 30-200 watts; Cabinet Dimensions: 18.75" W x 4" D x 11.5" H (horizontal orientation) Weight: 11 pounds
- High performance choice when space is a factor
- Coaxial/Coplanar driver mounting insures accurate, natural sound regardless of speaker placement or listener location.
- Completely time and phase coherent for greater realism
- Specially designed, ultra-low distortion 6.5"woofer and 1" aluminum dome tweeter, the same tweeter used in THIEL's flagship model, the $13,500 CS7.2.
- Self-enclosed, rigidly braced cabinet reduces unwanted vibration for greater clarity
- 2-way driver system employs very low distortion, short coil, long-gap motor systems, very rigid aluminum diaphrams, and poerful magnets for superior reproduction.
- Provides great realism for both music and movies